The Scottish Funding Council (SFC) is pleased to announce that the Scottish Government has provided funds for the Research Pools in the STEMM disciplines to facilitate Postdoctoral and Early Career Researcher exchanges with Europe, North America, China and India.
The main purpose of the funding is to provide research training and development opportunities for the most able postgraduates and early career researchers working within the Scottish research pools, while at the same time building experience of international collaboration with academia and/or industry.
Conditions of Award
The funding must be used to support Postdoctoral or Early Career Researcher exchanges in Europe, North America, China, and India only.
Each exchange must be for a minimum period of at least one month.
Each Pool will be responsible for selecting the best Postdoctoral and Early Career Researcher candidates in an open competition from within the Pool. Pools may build on existing, or establish new collaborations.
Criteria for selection should include:
- evidence of the ability of the candidate (output, leadership);
- likely benefits to the research of the candidate (new skills, techniques likely to be acquired) as result of the exchange;
- likely benefits to the longer-term career of the Postgraduate or Early Career Researcher as result of the exchange;
- evidence of wider benefits to the pool as a result of the exchange; and
- prospects of sustained collaboration as a result of the exchange.
Each successful Postdoctoral or Early Career Researcher candidate may be the recipient of a single award only, up to a maximum value of £7,500.
The exchange must satisfy the aims and objectives of the pool and the funding must not be used for attendance at conferences, training seminars and the like. Eligible costs are restricted to economy travel and subsistence at the agreed institutional rate. The costs of the research are not eligible.
The reports will be reviewed by the Scottish Funding Council.
Further information & Contact
If you have any questions about this funding stream, please contact in the first instance:
College of Art, Science & Engineering,
University of Dundee
Phone: 01382 388581